Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yada-yada-yada...

This is for a Mad article. I did each face separately and only viewed them together when I compiled this pic…interesting. Elaine was the hardest to ‘get’, not surprising really, women are always tricky to caricature.

Now I see things I want to change... but it's not worth it moneywise... the stuggle rages on...

Anyway, interesting thing I noticed: caricaturing several people closely associated with each other makes the whole process easier because the viewer has more clues to the identities of the subjects. Often though, you loose the destinct personalities and the 'feel' of the individual characters. So, that's why I did these each by themselves, with a day between each...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ANDRIES !!!
you're linked with toby Schwarz and that gave me a chance to check on your great work ( i still have copies of your caricatures, but it's cool to see some new stuff !)
hope you're OK, Georges ABOLIN (french animator at Disney Australia...0

Maritze said...

Hi Georges

Yas, doing some new stuff. Hope you are well. You are back in France, right? Saw that your new book is out. Congrats!

A